If you’ve made the decision to take action about your hair loss, congratulations. You’ve made a choice to improve your confidence and overall sense of well-being by restoring your hair to its full, natural appearance. But once you’ve made that choice, many others follow, and no decision is more important that picking the right hair transplant surgeon.
In South Florida, or almost anywhere else for that matter, there is no shortage of doctors, clinics, or other companies and facilities that hold themselves out as being the solution to your hair loss concerns. A quick Google search will make that more than clear. You’ll also discover that there are a wide range of surgical and non-surgical treatment options. The amount of information out there can be overwhelming. How can you know where to turn? If you are considering hair transplant surgery as an option, how do you know that the person you are considering for your treatment has the education, experience, and combination of technical know how and artistic skill to get you the results you are looking for?
It all starts with asking the right questions. If you are researching hair transplant surgeons, it is likely you are doing so for the first time. It may be the first time you’ve looked for a surgeon of any kind. When you have your initial consultation regarding hair loss treatment, the first thing to ensure is that you are meeting with a doctor, not simply a “consultant.” Then, consider asking some or all of these 15 questions:
- How many years of hair transplant surgery experience do you have?
- How many hair transplant surgeries have you performed?
- Did you have residency training in dermatology or surgery?
- Where did you get your medical/hair transplant surgery training?
- Are you an MD?
- Are you board certified? If so, with what board?
- Do you publish or give presentations about hair transplantation surgery?
- What kind of hair transplant surgeries do you perform?
- How do you decide which procedure is right for me?
- Do you charge by the procedure, by the follicular unit, or by the follicle?
- Do you offer payment plans?
- If I’m not from the South Florida area, can you offer an evaluation or quote without an office visit or do you offer travel plans for non-Miami residents?
- Do you have before and after pictures that can show me the results of your work?
- Are there former patients I can speak with to see their results and hear about their experience?
- Why in your opinion are you the right hair transplant surgeon for me?
By asking the right questions – and getting satisfactory and thorough answers from an experienced hair transplant surgeon – you can make the right choice and be well on your way to restoring your hair and appearance.
Schedule an Appointment for a Hair Loss Evaluation Today
If you are concerned about your hair loss and are ready to do something about it, or if you just have questions about hair restoration, we invite you to schedule an evaluation at the Hair Institute of Miami. Drs. Nusbaum and Rose are internationally acclaimed hair restoration surgeons with more than 40 years combined experience. To receive a personalized evaluation and treatment plan, contact us online or call or office directly at 305-925-0222.https://www.miamihair.com/blog/hair-transplant/15-questions-ask-hair-transplant-surgeon/