Timothy Wu, M.D.
- Miami Hair Institute, Miami, Florida
- Dermatologist, 2021-Present
- Minars Dermatology, Hollywood, Florida
- Dermatologist, 2019-Present
- Miami Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Miami, Florida
- Dermatology Staff Physician, 2019-Present
- University of Miami Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, Miami, Florida
- Dermatology Staff Physician, 2019-2021
- Riverchase Dermatology, Miami, Florida
- Dermatologist, 2017-2019
- Jackson Memorial Hospital/University of Miami, Miami, Florida
- Dermatology Residency, 2014-2017
- UCLA – Olive View Medical Center, Sylmar, California
- Preliminary Internal Medicine Internship, 2013-2014
- New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York
- Doctorate of Medicine, 2008-2013
- University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- Bachelor of Arts, Molecular and Cell Biology with honors, 2003-2007
Kamath P, Wu T, Villada G, Zaiac M, Elgart G, Tosti A. Onychomatricoma: A Rare Nail Tumor with an Unusual Clinical Presentation. Skin Appendage Disord. 2018 Aug;4(3):171-173.
Greenwald E, Kapoor R, Newlove T, Wu T, Penn L, Vuong C, Stein JA, Polsky D. Gaps between the practices of novice and specialist dermatologists in the management of atypical nevi: A survey study. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2018 79(3):AB145
Wu T, Miteva M. SnapshotDx Quiz: June 2016. J Invest Dermatol. 2016 Jun;136(6):e61
Wu TP, Morrison BW, Tosti A. Worn down nails after acrylic nail removal. Dermatol Online J. 2015 Jan 15;21(1).
Leger MC, Wu T, Haimovic A, Kaplan R, Sanchez M, Cohen D, Leger EA, Stein JA. Patient perspectives on medical photography in dermatology. Dermatol Surg. 2014 Sep;40(9):1028-37
Korta DZ, Saagar V, Wu TP, Sanchez M. Racial differences in skin cancer awareness and surveillance practices at a public hospital dermatology clinic. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014 Feb;70(2):312-7
Mir A, Wu TP, Orlow SJ. Cutaneous features of Crouzon syndrome with acanthosis nigricans. JAMA Dermatol. 2013 Jun;149(6):737-41
Tempark T, Wu T, Singer C, Shwayder TA. Dermatological complications of circumcision: Demonstrated cases from a pediatric dermatology office. What should we know? Pediatr Dermatol. 2013 Sep-Oct;30(5):519-28
Wu T, Stein JA. Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer and Young Women. J Drugs Dermatol. 2013 May;12(5):568-72
Wu T, Miller K, Cohen DE, Stein JA. Eruptive Keratoacanthomas in pruritic, actinically damaged skin. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013 Sep;69(3):426-30
Wu T, Newlove T, Smith L, Vuong CH, Stein JA, Polsky D. The importance of dedicated dermoscopy training during residency: A Survey of US Dermatology Chief Residents. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013 Jun;68(6):1000-5
Wu T, Zhou F, DeAnda A, Melamed J, Lim R, Balsam L. Surgical Management of Cardiac Liposarcomas. J Card Surg (2):192-5, Mar 2012.
Wu T. “If I eat candy and fatty foods, will I get acne?” Clinical Correlations. NYU School of Medicine <www.clinicalcorrelations.org>, Jul 2011.
Zhu L, Zhou R, Mettler S, Wu T, Abbas A, Delaney J, Forte JG. “High turnover of ezrin T567 phosphorylation: conformation activity and cellular function” Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293(3):C874-84, Sept 2007.
Wu TP, Smith L, Newlove T, Stein JA, Polsky D. “A Survey of US Dermatology Chief Residents with Regard to the Nature, Significance, and Management of Dysplastic Nevi.” Abstracts from the 3rd World Congress of Dermoscopy, May 17 to 19, 2012, Brisbane Australia. Dermatol Pract Conc. 2012;2(2 suppl):16.
Zhu L, Zhou R, Mettler S, Wu T, Abbas A, Forte JG. “Reversible phosphorylation of ezrin T567: conformation, activity and physiology.” Presented at Experimental Biology Annual meeting in Washington D.C, April 2007.
Zhu L, Abbas A, Wu T, Patel S, Karvar S, Yun C, Forte JG. “Phosphorylation of NHERF1/EBP50 in Parietal Cells” presented at American Society of Cell Biology Conference, December 2006.
American Board of Dermatology. 2017.
Florida ME132878. 2019-2021.
California A149017. 2017-2019.